Sunday, September 28, 2008

Raspberry/Peach Jam

This has been the jam project for the year, ha! Anna got this jam at her ward's 'Favorite Things' enrichment activity from Trina Bair and talked about it for weeks. I made her promise that she would get the recipe for me when the peaches were ripe. I love both peaches and raspberries so this sounded like my jam. I realize that it might not be cost effective if you don't have cheap produce but if you do, it's worth the small amount of work! This is my first attempt at cooked jam, I usually just stick to freezer. This jam is easy, fast and most importantly....good! (Thanks Anna for getting the recipe and Trina for sharing it!)

Raspberry/Peach Jam

7 cups mashed peaches (I mashed them pretty fine and then they cooked down too)

2-10oz packages raspberries (so about 20 oz-almost 3 cups) I used 3 full cups of fresh berries.

10 cups sugar

2-6oz raspberry Jello pkgs (the bigger ones or 4 small boxes)

Mix peaches, raspberries, and sugar. Boil for 20 minutes. (I skimmed all the frothy stuff off before I added the Jello. Apparently Shaila and I are the only ones that have the frothy stuff, Marion said she didn't :). She thinks we boiled it at too high of heat. )


Take off heat and slowly add Jello, stir until completely dissolved.Pour into Jars. It almost always sets up using hot jar lids, but if they don’t seal waterbath them for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to take a picture of the finished product. It's so pretty in a jar! Thanks for sharing the recipe and thanks to Trina for sharing one of her favorite things!