Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Best Chicken Pot Pie

1 small pkg peas/carrots or whatever you like
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup onion or minced onion
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
3 cups cooked chicken (I boil mine)

Rinse veggies. Melt butter, add flour and onion. Add milk and chicken broth. Stir till boiling. Add chicken and veggies simmer until veggies are done.
Bake @ 425 for 45 minutes. I cover it in foil and poke holes and take the foil off the last 15 minutes or so.
I use crust on bottom and on top.
I dont make pie crusts so I buy them but here is the "no fail" crust recipe that comes with this pie:

4 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup cold water
1 egg
1 tbsp vinegar

Add 1st 3 ingredients and mix. Then add shortening. Mix other ingredients in a bowl then add to the flour mixture. After its well mixed roll into crusts!

1 comment:

Marion said...

Thanks, Annelise for adding a couple of recipes...I'll have to try them out! Now everyone else needs to get adding some yummy recipes!