Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

So these are supposedly PF Chang's lettuce wraps, but I don't think they are exactly, but still very yummy. I got it from a ward cookbook we did in Cali, and I've been dying to try them and finally did last night. I am now on a quest to find one that's even more like PF Chang's, but I thought I would share these as they are a nice healthy, easy and yummy meal. 
PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps

3 TBS oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 cup chopped water chesnuts
3 TBS chopped green onions
1 tsp. mined garlic
8-10 lettuce leaves

Fry Sauce*
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS brown sugar
1/2 tsp. rice vinegar

Bring oil to high heat in frying pan. Saute chicken for 4-5 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, mince chesnuts, garlic, and onions.
Remove the chicken from the pan. Keep oil hot, adding 1 more
tablespoon of oil and the chesnuts, garlic and onions, saute them. In a
small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar until well
blened. Place the chicken back in the pan, adding the fry sauce. Saute a
few more minutes.
Serve a scoop of chicken mixture with some lettuce leaves, wrapping it
up in the lettuce.
*I actually used twice the amount of fry sauce. I also think to make them even more healthy, they could be made with less oil.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Yum! Add in some of those white rice noodles and I'd be all over these wraps. In fact, I'd love one right now.

Have you ever tried the ones your mom found that are a copycat recipe? I've made them a few times. More ingredients than here. I really like them. You will HAVE to post when you find one more like the real thing.