Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I know I've said this before about a recipe on a recipe blog because I haven't actually made these cupcakes but that doesn't mean I don't want to share it. I've only eaten them and they are sooooo gooooooood!! At Heidi's (my sister in law) brother's wedding reception her mom served these delish cupcakes and I thought I'd share just in time for Valentine's Day. Cute red cupcakes for the holiday, what a good idea. Thanks for sending the recipe on Heidi! (Sorry this is so spaced out, it's how it copy/pasted since I'm too lazy to retype it all. They come from this website)

Red Velvet Cupcakes

2 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color

2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.

Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar until smooth.

2 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

Yum, red velvet is one of my favorites! I'll have to try these out. Thanks for sharing! I have a recipe I need to post, but when I made it last, I forgot to take a picture. It just doesn't seem right to post without a picture! Ha!

melanie said...

Don't wait to post it, who knows when you'll make it again.

These are dangerously good. As in I want to eat way too many of them, ha!