Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chocolate Eclair Cake

I was really craving those red velvet cupcakes that Melanie posted. I was all ready to make them today and realized, I didn't have any cocoa, and forgot it at the store!! I was in the chocolate mood, which is hard when you don't have cocoa. So this is as close to chocolate that I'm getting today. My sister in law Laura posted this quite a while ago and I've loved it ever since. Now go and make it and don't share it with anyone else. You won't be sorry!!Chocolate Eclair Cake

Crust:
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs

Bring the water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour. Beat in the eggs with a spoon one at a time. Bake in a 9x13 greased pan at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool.

Filling:
1 (6 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
Mix the milk and pudding, fold in the cream cheese and pour over crust. Put in refrigerator until set.

8 oz. Cool whip

Top with cool whip.

Chocolate:

3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Melt together milk, choc. chips, butter. Add powdered sugar. Cool, then drizzle over cool whip. Refrigerate.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Oh man, all these desserts! This is such a good cake (wait, have I had this one before at your mom's?). Did it fill your chocolate craving?